The $25 PC, the Raspberry Pi launches today! You get a 700Mhz ARM based PC with HDMI output, 256 Megs RAM, SD card for storage, two USB ports for keyboard and mouse, an ethernet port for internet connection , standard 3.5mm sound output socket, and an RCA video output socket.
To power it, you just us a microUSB lead! Whether this means that you could power it from a laptop USB socket I don’t know, but any mains connected USB charger, like a smartphone or Kindle charger should work fine.
The official website is here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/
There’s some good YouTube videos showing what it can do, here’s a good one.
Quake 3 demo:
I’ll be buying one and will post when I find out how to program something for it.
I recently discovered this amazing language called Basic4Android. It’s exactly what it sounds like, a basic based programming language for programming Android devices like phones and tablets.
Order with coupon code: andymcadam for a 30% discount!
Standard Edition with 2 months of upgrades –
Enterprise Edition with 2 Years of upgrades –
Both versions offer the same features, except for the additional amount of upgrades you get with the Enterprise edition. The developer regularly releases upgrades and you will be emailed with these when they are released. Information on new upgrades will also be posted here.
I’ve only had a little play with it so far but am already very impressed. Here’s a list of a few features:
- IDE and programming language 100% focused on Android development
- Compiles to native bytecode. No runtime libraries are required. Created APK files are exactly the same as APK files created with Java / Eclipse
- Performance is similar to applications written with Java
- Event driven programming language similar to Visual Basic with support for objects and code modules
- No need to write any XML files
- Highly extensible with support for custom Java libraries
- Large, active and friendly community of developers. Over 18,000 registered developers!
- The only available true WYSIWYG visual editor for Android. The visual editor supports multiple screens and resolutions
- All Android phones and tablets starting with Android 1.6 and up to 4.0 are supported
- Modern IDE with autocomplete, built-in documentation, internal index New! and other advanced features
- Powerful step-by-step debugger
- Large set of documentation with a custom online search engine and offline search engine tools
It covers everything from simple apps to graphics based apps and games. My first project is a Taekwondo Martial arts theory practice app, for students to learn Korean terms for their gradings. After that I’m working on a new game.
I urge you all to check it out. More information is available at http://www.basic4android.com
It’s already very well priced, with the standard version costing just $49.
BUT WAIT!!!! If you follow the link below to purchase and enter the voucher code: andymcadam
then you’ll get a 30% discount! So only just over $34 for a brilliant Android programming language!!!
Click below and order with coupon code: andymcadam
Also, I will get a small something to help me to develop a series of YouTube videos on my channel taking you through all the steps in creating your very own Android apps using this new amazing language.
The standard edition includes two months free upgrades and full access to the online user forum.
There is also an enterprise edition available that includes Two Years of upgrades, the price for this is $99, but you can receive a 30% discount if you follow the link below and enter the coupon code: andymcadam
And finally! Just for the diehard Android devs out there, there’s the Site licence, which gives you 30 developer licences and Two Years free upgrades!!! Remember to enter the code: andymcadam for your 30% discount: